Closure to Accrual
In addition to keeping the IRB up to date on the status of the study, this sets in motion other changes in our research system such as:
- Allowing Clinical Research Support to remove the consents from Clinical FYI
- Notifying appropriate clinic offices of the study closure
- Correctly assessing future monitoring plans
- Correctly predicting future renewal review types
- Notifying ClinicalTrials.gov and the Clinical Trials Reporting Program (CTRP) that the study is no longer recruiting
Whether a study continues to see patients for treatment or follow-up vs. solely doing data analysis will determine how the study is reviewed in coming years and may also impact reporting to NCI and ClinicalTrials.gov.
To ensure you document the closure correctly, please contact the IRB of record for your study.