New Investigator Support
Release date: 4/9/18
Due date: 5/4/18
Funds are available from the Cancer Center Support Grant (CCSG) to provide developmental support to new or junior faculty who are establishing their research within the Cancer Consortium. These funds provide a flexible source of funding designed to allow new investigators to work toward obtaining future, independent research funding. Departments are also eligible to apply for this funding to support new faculty being hired by a Consortium institution.
Awards of up to $80,000 dollars (direct costs) will be made in June of 2018. Full facilities and administrative costs will be awarded in addition to this amount.
Applicants are requested to submit a Statement of Interest and NIH biosketch according to the instructions in the link below.
- Cancer Consortium member or eligible to become a member at the time of award. Membership criteria are detailed on the Consortium website: http://www.cancerconsortium.org/en/membership.html
- Assistant Member/ Assistant Professor level or higher (including acting faculty) who have begun their appointment at one of the Consortium institutions (FHCRC, UW, SCCA, Seattle Children’s) within the last three years
- New faculty being recruited who will meet Consortium membership criteria at the time of their hire date
- All research proposed must be cancer-focused
- Investigators who are principal investigators on R01, P01, or P50 grants are considered to already have independent research funding, so therefore they are not eligible for this funding mechanism
- Financial need will be taken into consideration for those who did not receive substantial research funds as part of their negotiated start-up package
For additional details and instructions:
Applications should be submitted via email as one complete pdf file to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5PM on May 4, 2018.
Contact Wendy Law, Cancer Consortium Administrator with questions:209-667-2976 or email@example.com.