New Investigator Support
Release Date: April 12, 2021
Due Date: May 24, 2021 at 5:00 PM
Funds are available from the Fred Hutch/University of Washington Cancer Consortium ("The Consortium") Cancer Center Support Grant (CCSG) to provide developmental support to new or junior faculty who are establishing their research within the Consortium. These funds provide a flexible source of funding designed to allow new investigators to work toward obtaining future, independent research funding.
This competition will provide five to six awards of up to $80,000 direct costs. Full facilities and administrative costs as allowable will be awarded in addition to this amount.
- Consortium members or those eligible to become a member at the time of award. Membership criteria are detailed on the Consortium website: http://www.cancerconsortium.org/en/membership.html
- Assistant Professor level or higher who have begun their appointment at one of the Consortium institutions (Fred Hutch, University of Washington, Seattle Children’s, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance) within the last three years. Consortium members in Acting faculty positions and faculty with Consortium Affiliate memberships are not eligible to apply.
- All research proposed must be cancer-focused
- Investigators who are principal investigators on R01, P01, or P50 grants are considered to already have independent research funding, and therefore are not eligible for this funding mechanism
- Financial need will be taken into consideration for those who did not receive substantial research funds as part of their negotiated start-up package
Applications are to be submitted as one complete PDF file to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Wendy Law, Cancer Consortium Administrator with questions (email@example.com, 209-667-2976).