New Investigator Support
Release date: 4/1/19
Due date: 5/24/19
Funds are available from the Cancer Center Support Grant (CCSG) to provide developmental support to new or junior faculty who are establishing their research within the Cancer Consortium. These funds provide a flexible source of funding designed to allow new investigators to work toward obtaining future, independent research funding. Departments are also eligible to apply for this funding to support new faculty being hired by a Consortium institution.
Three to four awards of up to $80,000 dollars (direct costs) will be made in June 2019. Full facilities and administrative costs will be awarded in addition to this amount.
- Cancer Consortium member or eligible to become a member at the time of award. Membership criteria are detailed on the Consortium website: http://www.cancerconsortium.org/en/membership.html
- Assistant Member/ Assistant Professor level or higher who have begun their appointment at one of the Consortium institutions (Fred Hutch, University of Washington, Seattle Children’s, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance) within the last three years. Consortium members in Acting faculty positions and faculty with Consortium Affiliate memberships are not eligible to apply.
- New faculty being recruited who will meet Consortium membership criteria at the time of the award start date
- All research proposed must be cancer-focused
- Investigators who are principal investigators on R01, P01, or P50 grants are considered to already have independent research funding, so therefore they are not eligible for this funding mechanism
- Financial need will be taken into consideration for those who did not receive substantial research funds as part of their negotiated start-up package
For additional details and instructions:
Applications should be submitted via email as one complete pdf file to: email@example.com by 5PM on May 24, 2019.
Contact Wendy Law, Cancer Consortium Administrator with questions:209-667-2976 or firstname.lastname@example.org.