- Fred Hutch Shared Resources Specimen processing (also known as the Digel Lab)
Key Contact: Jon Digel, Specimen Processing Manager
Research Implementation Office
The Research Implementation Office facilitates the implementation of new research studies into the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance clinic and inpatient environments to ensure that all operational issues are addressed prior to study participant accrual.
All studies with activity occurring at the SCCA must be submitted to the RIO for review to determine necessary requirements prior to IRB approval. New submissions should be sent to email@example.com.
To locate various forms and helpful information related to RIO submissions, go here.
Please feel free to contact the RIO staff if you have questions about conducting research at the SCCA.
Implementing studies at Seattle Children’s:
- Process Description
- Fred Hutch-Seattle Children's Research Institute Protocol Implementation and Research Billing
Additional general information found on the Seattle Children’s website:
- Clinical Research Billing Compliance at Seattle Children's
- Seattle Children’s Laboratory CAP accreditation certificate and CLIA licenses
- Seattle Children’s Pediatric Clinical Research Center
UW Net ID
A UW Net ID is required to access the UW Clinical Trials Handbook or Budget Tools.
UWMC Clinical Trials Handbook
The UWMC Clinical Trials Handbook provides guidance to the administrative start-up process for clinical trials along with practical information for clinical research. The following topics are covered:
- Research Services Centers
- Investigational Drug Services (IDS Pharmacy)
- Radiology Research Services
- Laboratory Medicine
- Cardiology Diagnostic Services
- Office of Sponsored Research (OSR)
- UW IRB
- Radiation Safety Committee
- Institute for Translational Health Sciences (ITHS)
- Human Gene Transfer Review
- BioSafety Review
- Implant and Investigational Device Committee
- Preparing for FDA Inspections
- Investigator Responsibilities
- Useful Tools and Checklists
UWMC Laboratory CAP accreditation certificate and CLIA licenses
Under the search box, click on “Licenses and Accreditation." From the licenses and accreditation page, scroll down until you locate the documents you need. Click on the name to open the document.