CLINICAL RESEARCH POLICIES
As a Consortium Cancer Center that is comprised of four institutions, we are continuously challenged to ensure that all the cancer trials at our center are conducted with the highest possible standards for safety and scientific integrity. Ensuring the safety and integrity of clinical trials is not only essential to our research, but is also an integral part of meeting expectations for our NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center. One of these expectations is that our Center has a uniform set of policies that govern all cancer-related clinical research.
Leadership of all the Consortium partner institutions developed and appointed the Clinical Research Oversight Committee (CROC). The CROC is chaired by Fredrick Appelbaum, MD, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Deputy Director, and includes the following members:
- Ollie Press, MD (Fred Hutch Clinical Research Division)
- Marc Stewart, M.D. (SCCA & UW Division of Medical Oncology)
- Eric Holland, M.D., Ph.D. (Fred Hutch Human Biology Division)
- Paul Nghiem, M.D., Ph.D. (UW Division of Dermatology)
- Doug Hawkins, M.D. (Seattle Children’s Hematology/Oncology Division)
- Smith “Jim” Apisarnthanarax, M.D. (UW Department of Radiation Oncology)
This committee is charged with approving and enforcing Consortium policies and procedures as well as ensuring compliance with applicable regulations and guidelines.