Protocol-Specific Research Support
Funds are available to support early phase clinical trials initiated by Consortium investigators* through the Protocol-Specific Research Support (PSRS) mechanism of the Cancer Center Support Grant (CCSG). These funds are intended to support early phase clinical trials that will provide data that can be used as the basis for larger, later phase trials that are funded via competitive grant applications and industry. Priority will be given to highly innovative, proof-of-principle studies with the potential to lead to future trials.
*Consortium investigators are members of the FHCRC/UW Cancer Consortium on or by the application due date.
In order to apply for PSRS, the study must meet the following criteria:
- Phase I, pre-Phase I or pilot study
- Support initial early phase testing of an agent or device for the diagnosis, prevention, detection or treatment of cancer
- Conceptualized/designed by a Consortium member
- Typically less than one year in duration
- Does not receive funding through other peer reviewed research grants, cooperative agreements or contracts
- May receive partial support from industry
- Approved by the Scientific Review Committee (SRC), though investigators may submit applications prior to SRC approval (see below)
How Funds Can be Used
Funds can only be used to support research nurses and data managers directly involved in the conduct of the research. No other positions are eligible for support.